Critical Legal Issues Map - Identification of Legal Issues (Foundations)
Join Women's Legal Service Victoria for FREE online engaging and interactive training for Family Violence Practitioners.
Women experiencing family violence often have multiple pressing matters that must be dealt with in different courts, in different jurisdictions and under different legislation. You will often be the first point of contact for women experiencing family violence. Being able to identify her legal issues and provide legal information, will support her to better navigate the legal system.
This one day online training covers legal essentials in family violence, family law and child protection law, including:
- emerging COVID-19 issues in these areas
- identifying legal referral pathways
What will you learn?
- The essentials in family violence law, child protection law and family law, including emerging COVID-19 issues
- To ask the right questions to identify critical and urgent legal issues (even when clients don’t present with these questions)
- Identify legal referral pathways
- Provide legal information to assist your client’s matter
- Work collaboratively with lawyers
- Prepare clients for court and meetings with their lawyer
Women's Legal Service Victoria
This is a free event